Categorized | News

Report: Fire Marshal Rules Grease Fire Caused Burns To Kirby Wilson


Jessica Sinichak from the Plum-Oakmont Patch reports tonight that investigators have determined the early morning fire that severely burned Pittsburgh Steelers running backs coach Kirby Wilson was caused by a grease fire. Sinichak points to a State Police report that said Wilson had been cooking chicken in his kitchen at about 2:45 a.m. on January 7th when the stove caught fire. The report cites evidence that Wilson was injured when he attempted to put out the flames.

Wilson remains in serious condition in the Trauma Burn Center at UPMC Mercy in Pittsburgh according to the update given last Wednesday and that he has started physical rehabilitation and watching television. Wilson reportedly suffered burns over 45 percent of his body as well as smoke inhalation injuries in an early morning fire.

Tags: ,

About Dave Bryan

I am, I'm me. 40 something, retired and a life long Steelers fan.
  • Steelrz357

    Obviously, I wish him and his family the best – but do have to question what a grown man well past college related stupidity was doing cooking chicken at 2:45AM – Um, kinda makes you wonder what substance he was cranked up on – Again, best wishes for a speedy recovery though.

  • Commoncenz

    You mean an integral part of the coaching staff of a team preparing for the playoffs? Yeah, I can see your point, it’s not like that guy would be putting in 16 – 20 hours a day helping to work on a game plan. It’s not like those coaches, ya know, actually “work longer hours” than the rest of us… so, I kinda wonder what you’re cranked up on … jack*ss

  • Steelerz357

    Yeah, I can see your point – work 20 hours and then try cook fried chicken at 2:45AM instead of grabbing something quicker and going to sleep for 4 hours – MAKES-NO-CENZ

If you enjoy our content & podcast, feel free to buy us a cup of coffee below.
Shop for 2012 Pittsburgh Steelers Nike and New Era Team Gear at Fanatics

Archives