Categorized | 2012 Schedule, Article, News

Steelers 2012 Schedule Includes 5 Primetime Games

The Pittsburgh Steelers 2012 schedule has now be released and it includes 5 primetime games on it. Those nationally televised primetime games at Heinz Field include one against the Kansas City Chiefs on Monday, Nov. 12 at 8:30 p.m. (ESPN), and another on Sunday night, Nov. 18 at 8:20 p.m. against the Baltimore Ravens (NBC). Pittsburgh’s other national primetime games include road games on Thursday, Oct. 11 at the Tennessee Titans (8:20 p.m. – NFL Network) and Sunday, Oct. 21 at the Cincinnati Bengals (8:20 p.m. – NBC). The season opener against the Denver Broncos will be on Sunday night, Sep. 9 at 8:20 p.m in Denver and will be carried on NBC.

The Steelers 2012 bye week is in week 4 this year and their first divisional game is not until week 7 against the Bengals.

Steelers 2012 Regular Season Schedule

Date Opponent Time** (TV)
Sun. Sept. 9 at Denver 8:20 p.m. (NBC)
Sun., Sept. 16 N.Y. Jets 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
Sun. Sept. 23 at Oakland 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
Sun., Sept. 30 BYE ---
Sun. Oct. 7 Philadelphia 1:00 p.m. (FOX)
Thurs., Oct. 11 at Tennessee 8:20 p.m. (NFL Network)
Sun. Oct. 21 at Cincinnati 8:20 p.m. (NBC)
Sun., Oct. 28 Washington 1:00 p.m. (FOX)
Sun. Nov. 4 at N.Y. Giants 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
Mon., Nov. 12 Kansas City 8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sun., Nov. 18 Baltimore 8:20 p.m. (NBC)
Sun. Nov. 25 at Cleveland 1:00 p.m. (CBS)
Sun., Dec. 2 at Baltimore 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
Sun. Dec. 9 San Diego 1:00 p.m. (CBS)
Sun., Dec. 16 at Dallas 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
Sun. Dec. 23 Cincinnati 1:00 p.m. (CBS)
Sun. Dec. 30 Cleveland 1:00 p.m. (CBS)

* Times and TV network may change due to flexible scheduling

** All times are Eastern

Tags: , , , , ,

About Dave Bryan

I am, I'm me. 40 something, retired and a life long Steelers fan.
  • Eric87

good schedule, pretty tough. Not a fan of easy schedules as they dont prepare the team for playoff type competition. Like how the season ends at home the last 2 weeks against Cicny and Cleveland. Week 4 bye kinda early.

• http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000160402095 Luke Brandle

what is with Ravens week 1 and 2 being so close together again. I am not a fan.

• Woodleykills56

They did the same thing last year with the Browns. You’d think they would try to avoid that in the future.

• Jprankster2005

We got a pretty tough schedule Eagles,Skins,Jet’s Cowboys Chargers Giants can all be real good teams….. We might have a 10-6 yr…. We gotta atleast win 1 against Ravens this yr…. But I hate New England how in the hell do u go to the Super Bowl and the next yr. have the easiest schedule…… I mean the Giants got the hardest schedule that ain’t right in my books but screw it the steelers will be back in the playoffs regardless of who we play……

• Jprankster2005

And 4 out of first 6 games on the road wow…….

• PoKey21

I think pundits put too much stock into a teams overall strength of schedule. They should be looking at what teams are playing the stronger teams and at what part of the schedule. For instance I dont think the steelers schedule is tough because they play some good teams throughout the season. I think their schedule is tough because to start they go out West to Denver, back home, then farther out west to Oakland. also they play the Ravens twice in 3 weeks with a trap game at Cleveland sandwiched in between. The Browns always play above and beyond when they go against the Steelers, especially at home. Then after those 3 weeks we have SD then go to Big D. Thats tough after the bloodshed during the Ravens matchups. Then to boot this “veteran” team has a bye in week 4, terrible spot. That leaves them 13 straight weeks of play, more if they go into the playoffs. This is one of the harder schedules they have had in awhile

• http://pulse.yahoo.com/_NXON22FQSDCCSA2WHZIRTHQWTU Greig

It’s shocking that Steelers @ Cowboys wasn’t picked up as one of the prime time games. Not only is it a match up of two of the most popular teams in the league, but they also have two of the largest fan bases in the NFL. Factor in the history, and I can’t think of a match up that is capable of drawing higher ratings.

• IsraelP

First reactions from a fan in Jerusalem, seven hours ahead of Pittsburgh.

Five games at 3:30 AM. I’ll miss much of the second half of those games.

The Jets and Eagles games will be after our holidays have started on those Sunday nights.

Four other games (excluding the Jets) at 11:15 PM. I’ll be useless the days following.

That’s five “normal” games.

• Nolrog

True, but that also means 3 of the last 4 are at home.

• Eric87

yea since 2008, and we know how the difficulty of that schedule prepared the Steelers for the Superbowl that year. I remember many Steeler seasons and I feel that was one of the toughest in recent memory. Worked out very well. Most of those games were heart-wrenching comeback victories,almost had a stroke once or twice that year I believe. very exciting and I would expect nothing less from this schedule.

• Eric87

yea that is tough but would rather get the majority of road games over with as early as possible

• NW86

Keep in mind, that’s in December when games can be “flexed” to the Sunday night game. It’s possible that it could end up being our 6th primetime game.

• Naterichmond7

The Steelers are one of the eight teams that are fortunate enough to have five prime time games this year, and thanks to my Hopper I’ll be able to watch them all! I work for Dish I can tell you that we are now offering a new whole-home DVR that will record all of your prime time games and TV shows on your CBS, ABC, NBC and FOX HD networks everyday. This feature is called PrimeTime Anytime and it allows the Hopper to record up to six shows at once during prime time hours. I love having full DVR capabilities in all four rooms and being able to start a game in one room and finish it in another.

• MOMMADUKES55

WE’VE NEVER HAD AN EASY SCHEDULE..THAT’S WHAT MAKES US GREAT!!

• NathanielRichmond

I’m happy to see that football season is right around the corner, and well be in for another hard hitting start to the season when the Steelers play the Bronco’s. I’m glad that my Hopper will automatically record the Steelers first game of the year for me. I’m really interested to see how well Payton Manning is going to do as his first game of the season as a Bronco. My Hopper will automatically record all my CBS prime shows and when I watch the game the next day I’ll be able to skip through the commercials! A Dish co-worker told me that Auto Hop is Dish’s new feature that allows customers to skip the commercials when you watch your PrimeTime Anytime programming the next day.

If you enjoy our content & podcast, feel free to buy us a cup of coffee below.
Shop for 2012 Pittsburgh Steelers Nike and New Era Team Gear at Fanatics