Looking back at the Pittsburgh Steelers first preseason game against the New York Giants, below are six things that really surprised me.
- I really didn\'t think that Justin Cheadle would see any snaps in this game at center, but he played quite a few there. Cheadle has worked at center a little over the course of the last few weeks, so they are certainly testing his versatility.
- You have to think that Joe Long didn\'t play because he is banged up. Not only did Guy Whimper play some left tackle Saturday night, but so did D\'Anthony Batiste.
- After working quite a bit at the center position during the offseason, I don\'t believe Kelvin Beachum saw any snaps there against the Giants. We shall see what the charting says, but I think he spent all of his time at right tackle.
- Al Woods only played 30 snaps on defense last year. Saturday night he played 58 and looked strong and good on the run. The Steelers don\'t have a lot of numbers on the defensive line, but it looks like their top five are all good to go.
- You couldn\'t tell nose tackle Alameda Ta\'amu ever had a hamstring problem. He came off the ball well and showed good explosion.
- Inside linebacker Brian Rolle really turns and runs well in coverage. He covers a lot of ground.
Your turn. Add one or two things that you observed that surprised you.