Your game notes.
– Kick coverage: Justin Gilbert-Robert Golden (hello old friend)-Sammie Coates-Roosevelt Nix-Vince Williams-Chris Boswell-Tyler Matakevich-Anthony Chickillo-Fitzgerald Toussaint-Artie Burns-Jordan Dangerfield
– When it works, it’s praised. When it doesn’t, you get killed. Lawrence Timmons carrying TY Hilton here and William Gay gets home on the blitz.
– Stunt 4-3! It’s been used a ton over the last month. Some slight variations. But cocked nose tackle.
– Javon Hargrave high IQ on screen. Makes the tackle.
– Punt return: Fitzgerald Toussaint-Anthony Chickillo-Ryan Shazier-Tyler Matakevich-L.J. Fort-Roosevelt Nix-Jordan Dangerfieldon the line. Sammie Coates and Artie Burns/Justin Gilbert the jammers.
– Split zone with the fullback. Nice change up. And Nix with a strong cutblock on the backside EMOL.
– Great break by Eli Rogers. 30 yard gain on third down.
– Offensive line changing their splits on the Le’Veon Bell touchdown. Ramon Foster and Maurkice Pouncey tighten up so they can double-team the DT, then Foster climbs to the LB.
– Daniel McCullers on the field goal kick team. That’s fun.
– Stephon Tuitt punched the right guard so hard it injured him. Nice.
– Example of power and leverage from Hargrave. Really good game.
– Draw play. Use Marcus Gilbert on a pass set to influence the LDE, sending him upfield and creating a lane.
– Kick return. Front five: Arthur Moats-Tyler Matakevich-Vince Williams-Anthony Chickillo-L.J. Fort. Sean Davis behind. Jesse James/David Johnson/Roosevelt Nix. Fitzgerald Toussaint/Sammie Coates.
– Jesse James with a key block on Ben Roethlisberger’s first touchdown.
-Another great play by Hargrave. Quick, violent hands to swim over the center, back forced to pick him up. Ryan Shazier free on a green dog.
– And Shazier beats the pulling guard here. TFL.
– Punt coverage: On the line is Vince Williams-L.J. Fort-Greg Warren-Tyler Matakevich-Anthony Chickillo. Robert Golden the upback, Roosevelt Nix/Sean Davis the wings. Sammie Coates and Cobi Hamilton the gunners.
– Ross Cockrell nice job at the catch point.
– Jarvis Jones nice job of cutting under the trap block on the goalline, stuffing the play.
– Just a couple notes here. Nice open field tackle by Artie Burns on Donte Moncrief.
– Steelers punt protection team was pretty bad. Too much interior pressure, happened on three occasions.
– End on a positive note. David DeCastro was mauling guys on his trap blocks. Cracking skulls. Really fun to watch.