Game notes from the Pittsburgh Steelers 19-13 win over the Kansas City Chiefs.
– Kick return unit. McDonald-Watt-Matakevich-Chickillo-Fort in the front. Golden behind. Walton/Conner/Nix the wedge with Watson/JuJu the return men.
– Chiefs want to stack the box? Throw the smoke. Easy decision.
– Punt coverage team. Watt-Fort-Canaday-Matakevich-Chickillo. Nix/Davis the wings, Golden the upback. Wilcox/DHB starters as gunners though Brian Allen wound up replacing Wilcox.
– Great open field tackle by Mike Hilton. On Tyreek Hill, no less.
– PR unit. Golden-Chick-Fort-DHB-Matakevich-Nix-Watson. DHB/Burns jammers to one side, Sensabaugh to the other.
– Motion Martavis Bryant indicates man coverage (CB follows). open on this skinny post vs off coverage.
– If Antonio Brown keeps moving on the eventual INT, there’s a good chance it goes for six.
– Smart by Cam Heyward. Slides down half a gap on 3rd and 1 to stop Alex Smith from picking up the first on the QB sneak. Bubble that was there taken away.
– Love the vision by Le’Veon Bell. Counter run that’s supposed to go off the outside hip of the puller. But isn’t there so Bell cuts inside for a nice gain.
– Might as well be a 7v7 drill. Only a three man rush but still, what a pocket. Ben Roethlisberger hits Antonio Brown for a 17 yard gain.
– Steelers in Cover 2 but pattern matching to the trips side. Zone to the solo.
– Mike Mitchell guessing, biting on the cross. #2 free down the seam. Got lucky, Smith scrambled.