Steelers 2013 53 Man Roster Prediction – Post Preseason Game 3 Edition
The Pittsburgh Steelers have now played three preseason games, so it is now time for my sixth 53 man roster prediction for the 2013 season. Boy, it sure seems like I just did my fifth one 24 hours ago.
If you missed my first five 53 man roster predictions following the draft, OTA practices, pre training camp, first preseason game and second preseason game, you can view them by following the links provided.
My next one will thankfully be my last one.
Feel free to list your prediction below in the comments below.
Quarterbacks: (3) Ben Roethlisberger, Bruce Gradkowski, Landry Jones
- No changes here. Same as it ever was.
Running Backs: (5) Le’Veon Bell, Isaac Redman, Jonathan Dwyer LaRod Stephens-Howling, Felix Jones
- Is Jones just a body? Are they telling us everything we need to know about Stephens-Howling and his knee? Something smells. If they needed a running back body so bad, why not just get one off the street? Jones’ skill-set is the same as Stephens-Howling’s.
Fullbacks: (1) Will Johnson
- Please stay healthy, Will.
Wide Receivers: (5) Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Jerricho Cotchery, Markus Wheaton, Derek Moye
- Moye is in the lead over Justin Brown right now.
Tight Ends: (4) Heath Miller, Matt Spaeth, David Paulson, David Johnson
- I think that they think Beachum can be the third tight end until Spaeth and Miller are ready.
Offensive Line: (8) Maurkice Pouncey, David DeCastro, Ramon Foster, Mike Adams, Marcus Gilbert, Kelvin Beachum, John Malecki, Chris Hubbard
- Because I can’t stand the thought of Guy Whimper being here, I am adding Hubbard as the eighth. He will be inactive unless an injury occurs. Maybe they snatch one off the waiver wire instead.
Nose Tackles: (2) Steve McLendon, Alameda Ta’amu
- Either Ta’amu or Hebron Fangupo. I will take Ta’amu.
Defensive Ends: (4) Brett Keisel, Ziggy Hood, Cameron Heyward, Al Woods
- Brian Arnfelt to the practice squad.
Linebackers: (9) Lawrence Timmons, Larry Foote, LaMarr Woodley, Jason Worilds, Jarvis Jones, Marshall McFadden, Vince Williams, Chris Carter, Brian Rolle
- With Stevenson Sylvester now gone the path is clear for McFadden, Rolle and Williams. Carter is by no means a lock as he has showed nothing during the preseason.
Cornerbacks: (5) Ike Taylor, Cortez Allen, William Gay, Curtis Brown, Terry Hawthorne
- Josh Victorian is not great on special teams so Hawthorne gets his spot.
Safeties: (4) Troy Polamalu, Ryan Clark, Robert Golden, Shamarko Thomas
- I sure wanted to try to keep DaMon Cromartie-Smith.
Special Teams: (3)
Kicker: (1) Shaun Suisham
- This is an easy call.
Punter: (1) Drew Butler
- Coin flip and Butler beat Brian Moorman.
Long Snapper: (1) Greg Warren
- Easy call with just one.
Practice Squad: (8) Ross Ventrone, Josh Victorian, Joe Long,, Alan Baxter, Nathan Overbay, Brian Arnfelt, Kion Wilson
- Baxter and Arnfelt really look like keepers. Victorian needs some work. Overbay is a practice body as is Wilson, Long and Ventrone.
PUP: (1) Sean Spence
- They have a lot of time with the rules of the PUP to see if Spence can make it back this year.
Injured Reserve: (2) Plaxico Burress, Nick Williams
- DeMarcus Van Dyke and Justin Cheadle likely revert back here for a while after clearing waivers.
Week 1 Inactives: (7) Landry Jones, Terry Hawthorne, Alameda Ta’amu, Le’Veon Bell, Heath Miller, Matt Spaeth, Chris Hubbard
- All of these make sense if they all make the roster.