Mike Tomlin Says Sean Spence Decision Has Yet To Be Made
The Pittsburgh Steelers now have less than 24 hours to make the decision on whether or not second-year linebacker Sean Spence will be part of the 53 man roster for the remainder of season and as of Tuesday, head coach Mike Tomlin said during his press conference that a final decision hasn’t been made as to his status.
“He did some good things [last week in practice] and we’ll put our heads together at the appropriate time and make that decision,” said Tomlin of Spence. “I think we have until four o’clock or so tomorrow. That discussion hasn’t been had yet and will be had very soon. But I like his growth in his play, but we’ll see where that takes us.”
Spence’s three week window is now closing after returning to practice in Week 7 and the Steelers now must decide where he is exactly from a health standpoint as he looks to make it all the way back after suffering a serious knee injury during the 2012 preseason finale. If he is not placed back on the 53 man roster, he must be put on injured reserve or waived outright.
During his first week, the Miami product suffered a hand injury of some sorts, but by the sounds of things, he is back practicing in some capacity.